LAS VEGAS — May 5, 2009 — Today at Citrix Synergy™ 2009, the conference where virtualization, networking and application delivery meet, Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CTXS), announced a broad new program to simplify purchasing for enterprise customers. The new Citrix Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) program makes it easy for customers to purchase any combination of eligible products and services in the Citrix Delivery Center™ product family at a single low price – all with a straightforward online process. The new program includes a broad range of flexible renewal options and incentives to reward customers for their continued investment in Citrix, but does not force them make large “buy ahead” orders upfront to achieve discounts and program benefits.
“We continue to look for ways to help our customers simplify IT and maximize their Citrix spend. Streamlining our licensing to make it easier for our customers to leverage economies of scale when purchasing Citrix products helps us achieve this goal,” said Al Monserrat, senior vice president, sales and services at Citrix. “Unlike rigid ELAs that force customers to make substantial upfront investments and purchase unneeded products, our program is designed to give customers the freedom to buy only what their business needs, when they need it.”
The Citrix Enterprise License Agreement program encompasses several key elements:
- All Inclusive Discounts – Any qualified purchase gives customers the right to purchase additional Citrix Delivery Center products and services at the same low discount level for a full three year period, even for small, single unit, orders. Discounts may be increased or extended beyond the initial three year term with additional qualified purchases.
- Program Simplicity – One license agreement covers any eligible Citrix purchase in the future, without the need for additional contracts. This dramatically simplifies ongoing purchases by allowing customers to manage product procurement and leverage discounts across the organization.
- Personalization for Each Buyer – When a customer executes a Citrix ELA, all eligible IT decision makers get access to a rich, personalized online portal where they can see all the benefits that apply to them.
- Purchasing Flexibility – Customers buy and renew only what they need, when they need it, providing the flexibility to adapt as their business needs evolve.
- Exclusive Rewards – Additional program benefits include special renewal upgrade options and membership to the Citrix Executive Program.
To learn more, customers and channel partners can visit www.citrix.com/ela or register directly at www.citrix.com/myela. Additional personalized content will be available on each customer’s personal My Citrix landing page once a qualifying Enterprise License Agreement order is placed. The new Citrix Enterprise License Agreement program will be available to customers beginning May 20, 2009.
About Citrix Synergy 2009
Born as a user conference more than 10 years ago, Citrix Synergy has been completely reconceived as the industry’s premier thought leadership event where virtualization, networking and application delivery meet. Citrix Synergy combines several events into one registration, including Virtualization Congress, Network World Live, Geek Speak Live and the Citrix iForum User Conference. Attendees can benefit by attending a single track, or by combining sessions from various tracks to custom-build a conference to suit their individual needs. With insights from a wide range of industry luminaries, solutions from leading vendors, and shared experiences from customers, attendees will see a quick return on their investment. More information and registration is available on the Citrix Synergy website.
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) is the leading provider of virtualization, networking and software as a service technologies for more than 230,000 organizations worldwide. Its Citrix Delivery Center, Citrix Cloud Center (C3) and Citrix Online Services product families radically simplify computing for millions of users, delivering applications as an on-demand service to any user, in any location on any device. Citrix customers include the world’s largest Internet companies, 99 percent of Fortune Global 500 enterprises, and hundreds of thousands of small businesses and prosumers worldwide. Citrix partners with over 10,000 companies worldwide in more than 100 countries. Founded in 1989, annual revenue in 2008 was $1.6 billion.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with products, their development, integration and distribution, product demand and pipeline, customer acceptance of new products, economic and competitive factors, Citrix’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in Citrix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.